From over-plucking our eyebrows and skimping on moisturiser to peeing after sex…
2. And neither are boyfriends. So don’t get cross with yours for failing to be Noah from The Notebook.
3. Comparing yourself to your friends/colleagues/that really pretty girl sat opposite you on the tube never gets you anywhere.
4. Lazy days are actually good for your health. There’s zero point feeling guilty for spending a Saturday afternoon (or the entire weekend) on the sofa.
5. You should always pee after sex. This isn’t an urban myth. Cystitis is real, people.
6. There is no right way to do anything, so just do it your way.
7. You should never paint your nails before going to bed. They might feel dry, but you’ll always end up with fabric imprinted on them.
8. Your career is important, but you are more than your job – and much more than your payslip.
10. False eyelashes are always more bother than they are worth.
11.You should always take your make up off before you go to sleep. And we wish they did, but facewipes don’t count.
12. There is nothing but the present moment. Time spent analysing the past or stressing about the future is time wasted.
13. Those over-plucked eyebrows really won’t grow back. Turns out we should have listened to you, mum.
14. It’s okay to not be okay.
15. Don’t ever attempt to dye your hair blonde at home. (Sorry, Lizzie.)
16. Suddenly cutting out carbs in an attempt to lose weight will make you miserable. Especially if you haven’t thought about what you’re going to replace them with…
17. Moisturiser is always your friend. It’s all we’ve got in the fight against wrinkles!
18. And suncream is an absolute must. Extreme tanning is so 2005. No excuses.
19. You shouldn’t buy the smaller size just because you’ve managed to do the zip up.
20. Exercise = happiness. You know you’ll feel better afterwards, however much you don’t want to wiggle into that sports bra.
21. Everyone is dealing with their own shit. Yes, that guy who pushed past you on the tube might well be a twat, but he could also be having the worst day ever.